Yesterday the solar panel installer came by and noticed the “Jen Metzger for NY State Senate” sign in my yard. Turns out he’s from Rosendale where Jen is one of his elected officials. I asked for his perspective on her as a public servant and steward of the greater good. His answers validated everything I have seen and heard from Jen.
- She has demonstrated she is electable and has a track record of saving energy and taxpayer money.
- Jen listens, researches and builds bridges with people to solve problems such as preventing new crude oil pipelines from endangering our communities.
- She co-founded and directs the nonprofit that successfully forced a local utility to lower costs for more than a quarter of a million households.
- She’s compelling and insightful on a broad array of State-wide topics with local implications: ending corrosive corporate money in politics, building a clean energy economy, protecting the environment, creating a fair tax structure to fund a strong public education system, and healthcare for all.
- She’s independent and grassroots funded through donations from 1,100 individuals in primarily small amounts. No money from corporations or LLCs.
- Jen’s leadership, character, stances, and the positivity of her campaign compel me to say she is the candidate who can win this election, and the person who will best represent our collective interests in the Senate.
I will vote for Jen Metzger in the Democratic primary on Thurs., Sept. 13. and I urge you to do the same.