As a response to the discussions that have occurred during my campaign for Warwick Village Justice, please consider my firm beliefs:
10. Politics doesn’t belong in the judiciary.
9. Uptight judges who engage in power abuse are not strong – they are weak.
8. People who cause their own problems are not victims.
7. Loyalty is the best word in the dictionary. Jealousy is the worst.
6. A criminal court judge should be an expert in criminal law – the same as a car mechanic should be an expert in automobile engines, and a cardiac surgeon should be an expert in hearts.
5. Being fair – and treating all equally under the law – is the utmost absolute duty of a judge.
4. Don’t lie – just don’t. Because then you have no credibility.
3. The best judge is the one who is cool, who has common sense, and isn’t a coward.
2. A message for all jurists: Be confident at the highest level if you are good at your job. But never be arrogant or condescending. Never believe that you are a more important human being – because you are not.
- Through my experiences as a former judge, former prosecutor, criminal defense attorney, television legal analyst, law instructor, author of criminal codebooks, etc, I am confident that I am highly expertise in criminal law. But I am worthless as a judge if I do not embody all of numbers two to ten above.
I thank all those who have provided support – your caring help is of immeasurable importance.
KENNETH DEL VECCHIO