Warwick residents are invited to grab a partner and do-si-do on over to the Albert Wisner Public Library (AWPL), located at 1 McFarland Dr. in Warwick, on Fri., Jul. 13 for an evening of square dancing on the patio. Pat Cannon, director of the Foot and Fiddle Dance Company for over 30 years, will teach square dance and country line dance with a minimum of confusion and a maximum of fun. This event is for all ages and families are invited to come at 6 p.m. with a picnic, chairs and blankets. Dancing will begin at 7 p.m.
The Community Square Dance is the first event of this season’s Music from McFarland, the AWPL Foundation Summer Concert series made possible with a generous gift from Glenn P. and Susan D. Dickes. All performances will be held outdoors on the Library’s new River Birch Performance Patio.
Registration is not required and in case of inclement weather, seating will be in the Community Room on a first come, first served basis.
Other events scheduled in the Music from McFarland Summer Concert Series include:
- , Jul. 20, 7 p.m.: Party of Four flute quartet.
- , Jul. 27, 7 p.m.: Gaelic Ceilidh, Irish music and dance.
- , Aug: 12, 2 p.m.: The Eric Person Group with Gabrielle Tranchina (Hudson Valley Jazz Festival).
- , Aug. 24, 7 p.m.: Bollywood Dance with Rupa Parikh.
- , Aug. 26, 2 p.m.: The London Trio and guest.