The community is invited to the unveiling of a new historic marker, ribbon cutting and open house at 4 p.m. on Thurs., Oct. 18 for the 18th century Morehouse home at 11 Hathorn Rd. in Warwick.
The National Register of Historic Places property has been renovated to uncover its original Georgian architecture and provide modern day comforts. It was for many years the home of the Raynor family and part of the extensive farm of Pierson Ezra Sanford in the late 1800s; part of it dates early as 1767 when Adonijah Morehouse settled there.
The interior design concept by Marina Case of The Red Shutters evokes that 18th century style and highlights the rare “Chinese Chippendale” stair banister and other original details. The celebration is hosted by the owners, Arek Kwapinski and Sylwia Kubasiak, and the Warwick Valley Chamber of Commerce.
All are welcome to celebrate the opening of the town’s new guest house, named “Warwick’s White House” for its original formal appearance, now newly revealed. For more information about the celebration send an email to Sylwia Kubasiak at email@example.com.