The Village has begun the reconstruction of our sidewalks along Windermere Ave. The construction will start at Jersey Ave. on the west side of the road and will head north one block at a time. Once that side of the street is complete, the crew will move to the east side of Windermere Ave. The project will replace the sidewalk from Jersey Ave. to Oak St. this year and will continue further down Windermere Ave. next year. Businesses WILL remain open during this time and the crew will make proper provisions to ensure safe and easy access to these businesses. Please be aware that parking may be a bit difficult during this time as a consequence of the improvement. The inconvenience will however be temporary and we ask that you please bear with us as we try to improve the infrastructure of our Village.
The Village recently received final approvals to begin construction of a new sidewalk along Waterstone Rd. from Court St. (gazebo), around the bend and all the way to the bridge. We are also going out to bid in the next few weeks for the wetlands walkway project that will connect our recreation parks together. Both projects are fully funded by grants and should be completed before the fall.
- G.L. Concert Series – Fri., Aug. 18, 7:30 p.m., Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park, featuring Atlas Gray.
- G.L. Concert Series – Sat., Aug. 19, 7:30 p.m., Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park, featuring the Hudson Valley Jazz Festival’s Gabriele Tranchina Group.
- G.L. Village Board Meeting – Mon, Aug. 21, 6:30 p.m. workshop; 7:30 p.m. Regular Meeting, in the Courthouse, 47 Waterstone Rd.
- Gaelic Cultural Society Irish Night at the Beach – Sat., Aug. 26, 7 p.m., Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park.
- Grace Lutheran Church Sliced Steak Dinner – , Aug. 26, 4-6 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 25 Waterstone Rd.
- Zumba at the Beach – every Sat., 9 a.m., Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park.
- Yoga at the Beach – every Sun., 8:30 a.m., Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park.
- The above column, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the Aug. 16 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch.