Although we are welcoming this cold weather and looking forward to winter activities on the lake, there are several precautionary measures I would like to encourage.
- No ice is safe ice!!! Rule number one. When venturing out onto the ice, keep in mind you are not just putting your life at risk, you are putting the lives of first responders at risk as well – so make smart choices
- A quad through the ice could mean thousands of dollars worth of fines from the DEC. Not to mention a ruined quad. Be smart!
- Run water a trickle from the faucet during this brutal cold.
- Know where your home water shut off valve is located in case a pipe bursts.
- Use properly functioning space heaters and locate them no closer than three feet from walls or objects.
- Open cabinets with water pipes that are located next to exterior walls. If children are present, be sure to remove any cleaning products or chemicals.
- DO NOT use stoves or ovens to heat your home. Village Hall is open and available 24/7 as a heating shelter if you lose heat. Call the police and they will provide you with a cot in Village Hall.
Christmas Tree Pickup will be every Monday and Thursday in January. Your trees will be donated to Breezy Point Inn for their Winter Carnival bonfire during President’s Day weekend!!
Stay safe and stay warm!
Village Board Workshop – Tue., Jan. 16 at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
Village Board Meeting – Tue., Jan. 16 at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.