I am excited to announce that members of the community will have an opportunity to win up to FIFTY all access passes to the Hoboken International Film Festival which is being held May 19 to May 25. The event, which is an Annual Chamber Mixer, is sponsored by the G.L. Chamber of Commerce, The Helm and its host, the Irish Whisper Pub House. Admission to this mixer is free and will include live music, games, great people and entertainment. Stop by Sat., May 13 from 3 p.m. to midnight at the Irish Whisper for this amazing chance at winning your own all access pass to the festival.
- G.L. Coalition Teen Center – open every Wed. from 4-8 p.m. at the G.L. Elks Lodge, 35 Chestnut St., 4-6 p.m. art open to all ages under 18 & 6-8 p.m. teen group (12-16 ages).
- Open Gym Basketball – for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym, 1247 Lakes St., Monroe, every Monday from 8-10 p.m.
- G.L. Village Board Workshop – Mon., May 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- G.L. Village Board Meeting – Mon., May 15 at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- G.L. Coalition Meeting – Tues., May 16 at 7 p.m. in Village Hall.
The above column, written by Village of Greenwood Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the May 10 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch.