PLEASE NOTE: There are two screening locations for the duration of the festival – one is the Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park and the other is the Greenwood Lake Elks Lodge. Please be sure to know which location you are attending and the details for that location.
- Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park is located at 3 Windemere Ave. in Greenwood Lake, NY. For all screenings and events at this location, you must park in a lot and take a shuttle bus or walk from a lot – see below. Here are your options for events and screenings at Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park:
- PARKING LOT WITH SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE: Given that the parking lot with shuttle service is about 1.2 miles from the beach theater and is the Opening Night Celebrations (May 19) and Gala Awards Ceremony (May 25) location, please plan to arrive at the parking lot (American Legion, 40 Mountain Lakes Ln. in Greenwood Lake, NY) one hour before your screening time. For example, if you are going to a screening that begins at 6 p.m., you should plan to be at the parking lot no later than 5 p.m. to ensure that you get on a bus and to the screening on time. The first set of buses will be departing from the American Legion at 5 p.m. on Opening Night (May 19), as well as for the Awards Ceremony (May 25). All days between Opening Night and the Gala Awards (May 20-24), buses will begin departing at 11 a.m. from the American Legion and will operate on two hour loops. Be prepared to leave the parking lot of the American Legion at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- WALKING TO THOMAS MORAHAN PARK (after parking your car): There will be absolutely NO visitor parking in any of the nearby side streets of the festival grounds. Only local residents and their guests will be permitted to park on the neighboring streets. However, there are four optionsfor those who would prefer to walk a short distance to the venue. The furthest, but easiest option would be to park at CVS, located at 123 Windermere Ave. This location is exactly 13 minutes by foot and will allow you the opportunity to walk past some of Greenwood Lake’s finest businesses in our downtown. We are also making available a commuter lot on Church St. (across from Village Hall at 14 Church St). In addition, parking for walkers will be available at the Greenwood Lake Park and Ride across from 710 Jersey Ave.. Both of these lots will put you at about nine minutes away by foot. Your fourth and final option for walking to Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park will be parking on Windermere Ave. at any legal point up until the traffic light on Jersey Ave..
- Greenwood Lake Elks Lodge is located at 35 Chestnut St. in Greenwood Lake.
Greenwood Lake Elks Lodge Theater: If the screening you are attending is at the Elks Lodge, you can park right at the Elks Lodge itself and do not need to take a shuttle bus or walk to this screening location. There is ample parking available at this location.
*Please be familiar with which location you will be attending as the buses will not be stopping along the bus route for any reason.
Handicap Parking: There is handicap parking available at the Greenwood Lake Elks Lodge. We will also offer handicap parking at the American Legion and transportation will be available. However, transportation will be limited and we ask that you arrive early and inform parking attendants of any assistance you may require.
- Night Owl Taxi
Address: 116a Windermere Ave, Greenwood Lake, NY
- Greenwood Lake Taxi
Address: 97 Windermere Ave, Greenwood Lake, NY
- Jamies Taxi Service
Address: 1873 Lakes Rd, Monroe, NY 10950
- Warwick Valley Car Service
The above column, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, will been published in the May 17 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch.