The following column, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the Mar. 22 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch:
The “good weather” season of Greenwood Lake will be kicked off this year by an amazing and professionally organized music Festival to be held on Sat., Apr. 29. This festival, formerly known as Rock the Mountain, will be held at the Greenwood Lake Elks Lodge under the pavilion and is being coordinated by a top-notch promoter and local musician, Rob Cannillo. The festival is being called “The Concert to End Homelessness” as it is raising funds for the local homeless shelter, Honor. The event will be held from 12 noon to 8 p.m. and will have on site food, local beers and ciders, craft vendors and fun for all ages. The admission to the event is “free will donations” so anyone can join. The musical lineup includes Grammy nominated Professor Louie and the Crowmatix, Rob Cannillo and many others. Since this is a free event to benefit a homeless shelter, they are looking for sponsors. If you would like to sponsor the event, please reach out directly to the event organizer at email@example.com. All donations and sponsorships are fully tax deductible.
- G.L. Coalition Teen Center: open every Wednesday from 4-8 p.m. at the G.L. Elks Lodge. 4-6 p.m. art open to all ages under 18 & 6-8 p.m. teen group (12-16 ages).
- Open Gym Basketball: for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym every Monday from 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- G.L. Village Board Workshop: Mon., Apr. 3 at 6:30 p.m. in the courthouse, 47 Waterstone Rd.
- G.L. Village Board Meeting for Reorganization – Mon., Apr. 3 at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse.
- Grace Lutheran Roast Beef Dinner – Sat., Apr. 1 from 4 to 6:30 p.m. $13 per person & $11 for seniors.
- Grace Lutheran Paper Shredding Event:, Apr. 22 from 9 a.m. – 12 noon.