The following column, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the Feb. 22 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch:
Every year, the Village Police Department coordinates a boater safety course. This year’s course will be held on Sat., Mar. 18 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Village Courthouse, located at 47 Waterstone Rd. The cost of this course is $45. Effective May 1, 2014, all individuals born on or after 5/1/1996 are required to complete a boater safety course in order to operate a boat on any waterbody in NY State. In addition, anyone operating a personal motorized watercraft, including a wave runner or jet ski, must have a valid boater safety certificate. If you are like me and you took your safety course about 20 years ago, it might not be a bad idea to take this course as a refresher if you continue to operate a boat or personal watercraft.
- GWL Coalition Teen Center – open every Wed. from 4-8 p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge, 35 Chestnut St. Art open to all ages under 18 from 4-6 p.m. & teen group for ages 12-16 from 6-8 p.m.
- Open Gym Basketball – for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym, 1247 Lakes Rd., every Mon. from 8–10 p.m.
- Grace Lutheran Church Soup & Chili Cook-off – Sat., Mar. 11, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- GWL Village Board Workshop –, Mar. 20 at 6:30 p.m. in the courthouse, 47 Waterstone Rd.
- GWL Village Board Meeting – Mon., Mar. 20 at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse.
- Grace Lutheran Church Paper Shredding Event – , Apr. 22, 9 a.m.–12 noon.