The East Arm Rowing Club (EARC) of Greenwood Lake is once again gearing up for their “Learn to Row” program. This program is designed for beginner rowers who are interested in learning how to row with others who are new to the sport. Rowers will be taught by experienced club rowers and will have an opportunity to determine if the sport is a good fit for you. The program lasts for six weeks and at the end, you will participate in a competitive regatta among your novice peers. Signups will be held at the rowing club, located at 69 Waterstone Rd., on Sat., Mar. 25 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. The cost of this program is $130 per person or $500 for a team of four. You do not need to have a team of four; you can come by yourself and the club will gladly put you in a boat.
- G.L. Coalition Teen Center: open every Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the G.L. Elks Lodge. Art is open 4-6 p.m. to all ages under 18 & 6-8 p.m. is the teen group (12-16 ages).
- Open Gym Basketball: for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym every Monday from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Public Hearing on Cross Connection Plan – Mon., Mar. 20 at 6 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- G.L. Village Board Workshop: Mon., Mar. 20 at 6:30 p.m. in the courthouse, 47 Waterstone Rd.
- G.L. Village Board Meeting – Mon., Mar. 20 at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse.
- Grace Lutheran Paper Shredding Event:, Apr. 22 from 9 a.m. – 12 noon.
The above column was written by Village of Greenwood Mayor Jesse Dwyer & published in the Mar. 15 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch.