The Visioning Committee that is developing the long-term plan for the Town is continuing to accept survey data from Town residents. Please complete the survey and share your vision at www.community2gether.com. The survey is also available at the Greenwood Lake Library and will be available until Sun., Oct. 15.
Comments for Short Term Residential Rentals
The Village continues to seek comments from the public on short-term residential rentals (Air B&B) over the next couple months. So far, I have received many comments and emails from residents and I am proud to say that the responses so far have not only been civil, they have been informative and solution-based. Please email me your comments on short-term residential rentals to email@example.com.
Relief Needed for Puerto Rico
As most have heard by now, Puerto Rico suffered a devastating impact from Hurricane Maria. At this point, relief efforts are continuing for the impacted families still living there. Town Halls throughout Orange County, as well as Village Hall in Greenwood Lake are accepting items that will be delivered to Puerto Rico out of Stewart Air Base. Items that are needed include: aspirin, diapers, Clorox wipes, baby wipes, baby formula, batteries, flashlights, hygiene products, soap, and toiletries of any kind. These items will be accepted until Thurs., Oct. 12.
- Open Gym Night Every Mon. & Fri. – at the Middle School, 6-8 p.m. for those in seventh through the 12th grades.
- G.L. Coalition Teen Center – every Wed. at the Elks Lodge, 4-6 p.m. for those under 13 years of age, & 13 & over, 6-8 p.m.
- Village Board Workshop –, Oct. 16 at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- Village Board Meeting – Mon., Oct. 16 at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- Greenwood Lake Coalition Meeting – , Oct. 17 at 7 p.m. in Village Hall.
The above column, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the Oct. 4 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch.