As part of the sidewalk installation project on Waterstone Rd. (by the bridge), the Village will close down Waterstone Rd. between the bridge to Grace Lutheran Church from Mon., Nov. 27 to Fri., Dec. 1.
During this time, we will NOT permit thru traffic while we install stamped concrete crosswalks. The road will only be open to local traffic for the purpose of accessing residences in that section, Anton’s on the Lake or Grace Lutheran Church.
If we experience bad weather and are unable to complete the work, expect the detour to continue into the weekend, and possibly into the following week. I am urging patience from our residents during this time. Once complete, the Village will have greatly improved the safety for all travelers on that stretch of road.
- G.L. Gives Back 4th Annual Food Pantry Fundraiser – Fri., Nov. 24, 6–10 p.m. at the G.L. Elks Lodge.
- Friend in Need Fundraiser – , Nov. 26, 12 noon-4 p.m. at the American Legion.
- Outdoor Holiday Festival & Crafts Fair – , Dec. 2, 1–5 p.m. Food, entertainment, crafts & vendors – all located in the yard of the Church of the Good Shepherd.
- Christmas Tree Lighting – Sat., Dec. 2 at sundown.
- Open Gym Night Every Mon. & Fri. – at the Middle School, 8–10 p.m. Mon: seventh to 12th graders. Friday for adults.
- G.L. Coalition Teen Center – Every Wed. at the Elks, 4-6 p.m. for those under 13 years old; 6-8 p.m. for those over the age of 13.
The above column, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the Nov. 22 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch.