Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer wrote the following in his column that was published in the Feb. 15 of the Warwick Valley Dispatch:
Beginning on Sat., Feb. 18 through Sun., Feb. 19, the Breezy Point Inn on Greenwood Lake will be hosting their long time tradition – the Winter Carnival. This event promises a great time with different contests and fun events including: a Polar Plunge sponsored by the Warwick Valley Humane Society, frozen tee-shirt contests, bowling, auctions for charity and much more. This is also a great opportunity to enjoy some of our community’s amazing cuisine by chef Alex.
GWL Gaelic Cultural Society Host Gaelic Cultural Day
On Sat., Feb. 26, the Greenwood Lake Gaelic Cultural Society will be hosting their annual Gaelic Cultural Day in the Village. The event will be held at the American Legion off of Lakes Rd. and Scott Lynch Wy. from 1 to 6 p.m. There will be performances by the Chris Turpin Band, the West Point Pipes and Drums and the Sheahan-Gormley School of Irish Dance. The cost is $10 per person or $25 for a family of four and includes light fare and soft drinks. Stop by the event to have a good time and learn a little about Irish culture in America.
- GWL Coalition Teen Center – open every Wed. from 4-8 p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge, 35 Chestnut St. Art open to all ages under 18 from 4-6 p.m. & teen group for ages 12-16 from 6-8 p.m.
- Open Gym Basketball – for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym, 1247 Lakes Rd., every Mon. from 8–10 p.m.
- GWL Community Coalition Meeting – Tues., Feb. 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the Senior Center, 132 Windermere Ave.
- GWL Village Board Workshop –, Feb. 21 at 6:30 p.m. in the courthouse, 47 Waterstone Rd.
- GWL Village Board Meeting – Tues., Feb. 21 at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse.