The Village of Greenwood Lake is looking for alternate members for our Zoning Board of Appeals. The alternate members would be expected to attend ZBA meetings and would participate in the meetings like any other member. The alternates, however, would only vote on actions when the requisite number of voting members are not present. Additionally, the alternates would, in most cases, be next in line for a full position on the ZBA when a voting member is not extended for an additional term or leaves their position mid-term. If you are interested in a position as an alternate member of the ZBA, please send an email to email@example.com and include your resume and brief description of your interest.
- G.L. Village Board Meeting – Mon., Aug. 28, 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse, 47 Waterstone Rd.
- Gaelic Cultural Society Irish Night at the Beach – Sat., Aug. 26, 7 p.m., Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park.
- Grace Lutheran Church Sliced Steak Dinner – , Aug. 26, 4-6 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 25 Waterstone Rd.
- The Rock Underground Music School – Sun., Aug. 27, 7 p.m., Concert at the Beach, Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park.
- Zumba at the Beach – every Sat., 9 a.m., Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park.
- Yoga at the Beach – every Sun., 8:30 a.m., Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park.
- The above column, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the Aug. 23 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch.