Pennings Farm, located at 161 Rte. 94 S., will sponsor the Gilded Growler Tournament every Friday night from Mar. 24 through May 5, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Brew Pub. The tournament is a unique way to explore locally crafted beers with friends and vote for favorites.
Participating breweries are matched up as follows:
- , Mar. 24: Rushing Duck Brewing Co. versus Glenmere Brewing Co. Live music by In Living Color.
- , Mar. 31: Pine Island Brewing versus Newburgh Brewing Co. Live music by the Black Dirt Bandits Duo.
- , Apr. 7: New Paltz Brewing Co. versus Captain Lawrence Brewing Co. Live music by Nailed Shutt Acoustic.
- , Apr. 14: Keegan Ales versus Westtown Brew Works. Live music by Hudson Valley Bluegrass Express.
- , Apr. 21 & Apr. 28: Semi finals. Live music by the Choice.
- , May 5: Final taste off and the presentation of the Gilded Growler Trophy. Live music group to be announced.
The bracket-style tournament allows guests to taste four beers at a time and then vote for a favorite. At the end of the night, the winner is revealed to continue on to the semi finals and hopefully to the final taste off.
Admission is free for the tournament. The Café at Pennings Farm Market is open until 9 p.m. on Friday nights, serving farm-to-table style appetizers, entrees and desserts, and fish fry specials will be available every Friday through Apr. 14 in honor of Lent. Pennings Farm Market is an over 21 only venue after 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. The tournament is a 21+ event. All attendees must show a valid photo I.D. at the door.