Robert J. Schreibeis, Sr., Chairman of the Florida Fire District Board of Fire Commissioners, who has served the Village of Florida on the Planning Board, Zoning Board, and the Regional Board of Directors for Provident Bank, announces his candidacy for the Office of Mayor of the Village of Florida.
Schreibeis brings a wealth of both business and government experience to his campaign. He serves on the Orange County Industrial Development Agency Board and has resided in the Village of Florida for all of his 68 years. He is a graduate of S.S. Seward Institute and has operated Schreibeis Trucking and Excavating, as well as related companies in the Village since 1970.
Incumbent Mayor James Pawliczek, who was first elected in 2002, is not seeking re-election. The election will be held on Tues., Mar. 20. Current Village of Florida Trustees, Thomas Fuller, Brian Slattery, Craig Olejniczak, and John Barczak, Jr., have endorsed Schreibeis’ candidacy. He also has garnered an unprecedented list of key endorsements from Orange County Executive Steve Neuhaus, Orange County Legislative Chairman L. Steve Brescia, Assemblyman Karl Brabenec, Legislator Paul Ruszkiewicz, and current Mayor Jim Pawliczek.
The message from those who have endorsed his candidacy has been consistent. Schreibeis’ long-standing commitment to public service coupled with his vast business and financial experience will ensure that the Village of Florida has a tremendously well qualified Mayor running the Village. Schreibeis promises to run the Village with integrity, transparency and a policy of accessibility to all residents.
The qualifications of Schreibeis include:
- Born and raised in Village of Florida. Married and have three sons and four grandchildren.
- Owner/Operator Schreibeis Trucking and Excavating.
- Owner/Operator Schreibeis Enterprises, Inc.
- Chairman, Florida Fire District Board of Fire Commissioners.
- Member of the Florida Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Board Member, Orange County Industrial Development.
- Former Director, National Bank of Florida.
- Past Member of the Regional Board of Directors, Provident Bank.
- Past Chairman of the Florida Planning Board.
- Past Member of the Florida School District Land Study Committee.
- Past Member of the Florida School District School Renovation Committee.