Petitions to run for three available positions on the Warwick Valley Central School District (WVCSD) Board of Education are now available at the Warwick Valley Central School District Office, located at 225 West St. Ext. in Warwick. The nominating petitions must include signatures of 31 qualified voters who reside in the District (District resident, US citizen, 18 and older) and returned to the District Clerk by 5 p.m. on Mon., Apr. 17. The three Board members whose terms are due to expire this year are Robert Howe, Dory Masefield, and Erin Maxcy. The Board meets the second and the fourth Monday of each month.
Eligibility for Election to the Board
Each candidate or member of the Board of Education shall:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read and write English
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a qualified voter of the district
- Be a resident of the school district for at least one year prior to the election
- NOT be an employee of the school district
- NOT hold office if a member of his/her family is a member of the Board.
- NOT simultaneously hold another incompatible office (e.g., town supervisor)
- NOT have been removed from a school district office within one year of election.
For more information call District Clerk, Susan Laroe, at 987-3000, x10511. To learn more about being a school board member, visit http://www.nyssba.org/index.php?ref=RunningForTheSchoolBoard&src=gendocs. For more information about running for the WVCSD Board of Education visit http://www.warwickvalleyschools.com/board-of-education/board-elections-2/.