As Warwick Applefest celebrates its 30th anniversary, many recall the event’s humble beginnings in 1989 as a simple, local harvest celebration. Over the years, the event has grown in so many ways. Warwick will welcome an estimated 30,000 visitors to Applefest on Sun., Oct. 14, which will be held rain or shine from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
With free admission, Applefest features over 275 craft and food vendors, free musical entertainment on several stages, children’s carnival and activities, a Farmers’ Market, an apple pie baking contest, an apple pie eating contest, and some fifty local non-profit exhibitors.
Produced by the Warwick Valley Chamber of Commerce, Applefest is a major fundraiser for this active community organization. Event proceeds are also used for town-wide community projects by the 50 non-profit organizations that participate in the annual festival.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where in Warwick is the festival held? Applefest is held in the parks and streets of the Village.
- Where should visitors park? Parking in the Village during the event can be a challenge, so plan to arrive early and park in one of the satellite parking lots at Warwick High School, Warwick Middle School, Veterans Memorial Park or Park Avenue Elementary School. For a donation, visitors can park and then take a free shuttle bus which runs continuously during the festival. A handicapped accessible shuttle bus runs from the Warwick Middle School parking lot.
- Where can I buy an Applefest T-shirt with this year’s design? During the festival, T-shirts with this year’s design are sold at the “Applefest Information” table at the Chamber of Commerce Caboose near the railroad tracks on South St. This year’s design is shown on the Applefest website.
- Are pets allowed? For the consideration and safety of everyone, please leave pets at home.
- How can I get more information about Applefest? Visit the website at www.warwickapplefest.com for complete information. The Applefest Visitors’ Guide booklet may be viewed on the website, so visitors can access all the information ahead of time. The Visitors’ Guide will also be available for free at the festival, and includes a festival area map, list of vendors, entertainment schedule, map of local orchards & wineries, and more.