“Mardi Gras for a Cause,” a fundraiser to benefit the Backpack Snack Attack program in Warwick, will be held on Tues., Feb. 13 from 6 p.m. to 12 midnight at several venues throughout the Village of Warwick. The Backpack Snack Attack program is an outreach program of the Warwick Reformed Church and provides food on weekends and in the summer to nearly 300 children in Warwick, Florida and Greenwood Lake.
The fundraiser was first dreamed up by a group of musicians from Warwick who wanted to celebrate their passion for music and their community. Participating restaurants and pubs will offer Mardi Gras food and drink specials and all locations will have live music. Guests are encouraged to visit several locations during the evening which will be full of bangles, beads, prizes and a lot of fun.
The following local restaurants and pubs participating in the fundraiser will offer food and drink specials starting at 6 p.m. and music, from 7 to 9 p.m.:
- Fetch Bar & Grill, located at 48 Main St., with music by Acoustic Nailed Shutt.
- Halligan’s Public House, located at 22 West St., with music by Pattie Gordon and Twenty/20.
- La Piazza Wine and Martini Bar, located at 24 Railroad Ave., with music by Frank “F Bomb” Sorino and The Bomb Squad.
- Grappa Ristorante, located at 22 Railroad Ave., with music by David Crone and the New Orleans Jazz Quartet.
- Yesterdays, located at 29 Main St., with music by Paul Binotto, Pat Corcoran and Dan Wray.
- Blarney Station, located at 10 Railroad Ave., with music by OC5.
- Eddie’s Roadhouse, located at 18 Main St., with music by Ron Ossi.
- Village Billiards, located at 17 Main St., will serve drink specials starting at 8 p.m. and music from 9 p.m. to 12 midnight will feature the Jeremy Langdale Band, the Wrayband, the Petty Young Dylan Band, and the Mardi Gras Jammers. There will be a golden raffle ticket drawing and the winners will be announced at 12 midnight.
- Caffe a la Mode, located at 1 Oakland Ave., will host an under 21 Open Mic from 6 to 9 p.m. The hosts will be Jim Elwell, Gene Focarelli and Colleen O’Brien. Sign up will start at 5:30 p.m.