Registration for all fall programming at the Greenwood Lake Public Library, located at 79 Waterstone Rd. in Greenwood Lake, will begin on Mon., Sept. 10. Patrons may register either online at www.gwllibrary.org, by phone at 477-8377, ext. 101, or in person at the front desk.
Programs for Children & Young Adults
Programs for children and young adults will include:
- Gymnastics Fun with the Tumblebus on Sat., Oct. 13 for ages two to nine and The Missing Diamond Mystery for ages 10 to 17.
- Monster Cupcakes for ages four to nine, offered from 11 a.m. to 12 noon and Marshmallow Monsters for ages 10 to 17, from 1to 2 p.m., with be offered on Sat., Oct. 27 with baker Kathleen Pacos.
- Bottoms Up Crafter on Sat., Nov. 10 from 11 a.m. to 12 noon will teach four- to nine-year-olds how to make an Emoji Pillow.
- A four-session Sewing Workshop for 10- to 17-year-olds will begin on Tues, Nov. 6 from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Art instructor Patty Kaminski teach a Winter Cardinal Pallet Paining class on Sat., Dec. 8 from 1 to 2 p.m. for 10- to 17-year-olds.
- A Musical Monster puppet show with the Troup Up In Arms is scheduled for Sat., Dec. 8 from 11 a.m. to 12 noon.
- Story Time will return on Thurs., Oct. 4 and Pajama Story Time will begin on Wed., Oct. 10 from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.
- Melinda Burgard will return to the Library with her music programs on Fri., Oct. 5, Nov. 2, and Dec. 7 from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- The Youth Study Room, which is open to kids in fifth grade through high school, will continue with Monthly Bingo on Tues., Sept. 11, Oct. 2, Nov. 6, and Dec. 4 at 6 p.m.
- Movie Nights will be offered on the remaining Tuesdays of the month and Game Night on Wednesdays.
- Adult programming at the Library will include:
- A vegetarian cooking demonstration with Chef Jan Wolff on Sat., Oct. 6 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Cake Decorating with Chef Nate of the Culinary Corner on Thurs., Dec. 6 from 6:30 to 8 pm.
- Author Elaine Lindenblatt will share the story of the Red Apple Rest Stop on Thurs., Oct. 11 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Gothic and Ghostly Poetry Reading with Orange County Poet Laureate (2017-19) Robert Milby on Sun., Oct. 21 from 12 to 2 p.m.
- Bats: Sounds in Silence with educator/inventor Jerry Schneider on Thurs., Nov. 8 from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Music performances by The Harvest Duo on Sat., Nov. 3 from 2 to 3 p.m., Reuben Fast Horse on Sun., Nov. 18 from 1 to 2 p.m., and Holiday Music with Eric Lipper on Thurs., Dec. 13 from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Author Barry Wiesenfeld will discuss The Beatles: 50 Years Later on Sun., Oct. 28 from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Chair Yoga with Sara Gallmann will return on Mondays, starting Oct. 8 with a new time from 11 a.m. to 12 noon.
- The Rising Arts City Arts North Theatre Company will work with participants in a four-session Comedy Improv Workshop beginning on Thurs., Oct. 18 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.