The Albert Wisner Public Library (AWPL) announces several new tools to improve family history research. The available tools include:
The tools available include:
- Ancestry New York State Records which are open to all New York State residents.
- The Ancestry Library Edition for in-library use only.
- Family Search, a free resource with billions of names across hundreds of collections (open to all).
- Fold3, which contains U.S. military records, including the stories, photos and personal documents of the men and women who served and is open to all AWPL cardholders.
- Heritage Quest which provides researchers access to U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular ProQuest Genealogy and Local History collection and is open to AWPL cardholders.
- The local scanned newspaper archives which provide searchable issues of the Warwick Valley Dispatch and the Warwick Advertiser, dating from 1866 to 1983 and are open to all.
- Newspapers.com provides thousands of historical newspapers and is open to AWPL cardholders.
- The Warwick Heritage Digital Collection contains thousands of documents, images, sound files, and videos about the Warwick Valley area and is open to all.
To access these files, visit www.albertwisnerlibrary.org, click on “Local History” and then on “Genealogy and Historical Research Databases.” Do not go directly to the resources online but use the library portal to sign on with your library card barcode.
For assistance call the Help Desk at 986-1047, option 3 or send an email to email@example.com.