The seventh annual “Mardi Gras for a Cause” will be held in Warwick on Tues., Mar. 5 from 6 to 12 p.m. throughout the Village. This event was first dreamed up by a group of musicians from Warwick who wanted to celebrate their passion for music and their community. It didn’t take long for a whole committee of musicians and business owners to come together and turn that dream into a reality.
The inaugural event transformed what would have been an ordinary Tuesday night into an event where people of all ages came together and had unique and memorial experiences while supporting a wonderful community organization, Backpack Snack Attack program. This is an outreach program of the Warwick Reformed Church that provides food on weekends and in the summer to nearly 300 needy children within the Warwick, Florida, and Greenwood Lake school districts.
Participating restaurants and pubs will offer Mardi Gras food and drink specials and live music. Guests are encouraged to visit several locations during the evening. There will be plenty of bangles, beads, prizes, and fun along the way.
The following locations will start serving food and drink specials at 6 p.m. and music will be provided from 7 to 9 p.m.:
· Fetch, 48 Main St., music by Acoustic Nailed Shutt.
· Baird’s Tavern, 103 Main St., music by Steven Wing & Brian Gens.
· Halligan’s Pub, 22 West St., music by Blue Sky Band.
· Eddie’s Roadhouse, 18 Main St., music by Ron Ossi.
· Coquito, 31 Forester Ave., music by The Mardi Gras Jazz Ensemble & Guests.
· La Piazza Wine and Martini Bar, 24 Railroad Ave., music by Frank “F Bomb” Sorino & The Bomb Squad.
· Grappa Ristorante, 22 Railroad Ave., music by David Crone and the New Orleans Jazz Quartet.
· Fratello, 22 Spring St., music by Joshua Tree.
· Yesterdays, 29 Main St., music by Paul Binotto, Pat Corcoran and Danny Wray.
· Blarney Station, 10 Railroad Ave., music by Stereo Mikes and Friends.
Other locations include:
· Village Billiards, 17 Main St., drink specials, Village Billiards Q Ball Revue Hosted by Drag Darling Eve Starr from 9 to 11 p.m. with DJ Sky Hook from 9 to midnight. There is a suggested $2 donation at the door for Backpack Snack Attack.
· Warwick Inn, 36 Oakland Ave., food and drink specials at 6 p.m., music 7 p.m. to midnight. Music by The Jeremy Langdale Band. The Mardi Gras After Party will feature Uncle Shoehorn, The Petty Young Dylan Band with Dark Horses, and the Mardi Gras Jammers. A golden raffle ticket drawing will be held and winners will be announced at 11:45 p.m.
· Caffe a la Mode, 1 Oakland Ave., Young Performers Open Mic from 6 to 9 p.m. hosted by Jim Elwell, Gene Focarelli, and E’Lissa Jones. Sign up starts at 5:30 p.m.