The following column, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the Mar. 29 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch:
This past weekend I had the honor of attending the Friends of the G.L. Boy Scouts event at the Elks. This event was a tremendous success. It underscored the community’s appreciation for the hard work and positive contributions the Scouts and their leaders make in our area. On behalf of the Village Board and the entire Greenwood Lake community, we would like to extend our heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all the Scouts have done and will continue to do in the community.
2017 Community Clean Scheduled
This year’s Community Clean Sweep will be held on Sat., Apr. 8 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The meeting place will be at the G.L. Elks Lodge (side entrance by basketball hoop). If you would like to come help clean community parks, you can come to the Elks and we will send you out to needy locations. If you would like to clean your own neighborhood, please contact Village Hall to let us know where you’ll be cleaning and we will send out a crew to pick up any debris or bags left on the street corner from your cleaning. Household items will NOT be picked up. We are only taking away debris that has been found from a neighborhood cleanup. Community service hours will be given out if they are requested.
- L. Coalition Teen Center: open every Wednesday from 4-8 p.m. at the G.L. Elks Lodge. 4-6 p.m. art open to all ages under 18 & 6-8 p.m. teen group (12-16 ages).
- Open Gym Basketball: for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym every Monday from 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- G.L. Village Board Workshop: Mon., Apr. 3 at 6:30 p.m. in the courthouse, 47 Waterstone Rd.
- G.L. Village Board Meeting for Reorganization – Mon., Apr. 3 at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse.
- GWL PBA Easter Egg Hunt – Sun., Apr. 9 at 11 a.m. at the American Legion, 40 Mountain Lakes Ln.
- Greenwood Lake Elks Good Friday Fish Dinner – Fri., Apr. 14 from 5-8 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 35 Chestnut St.
- Grace Lutheran Church Paper Shredding Event:, Apr. 22 from 9 a.m. – 12 noon.