Do you want to be in a movie starring multiple Academy Award and Emmy winners and nominees – next Sun., Apr. 9 (in Greenwood Lake) as background players? This film will be the Opening Night Movie at the Hoboken International Film Festival (HIFF) and you will receive two free all access passes to HIFF if you are in the movie! To be in the movie and get the free passes send an email to BOTH Ken@JusticeForAllProductions.com and email@example.com.
Great News from Community Development
This past week I met with the Orange County Director for Community Development, Richard Mayfield, who provided tremendous news for our Village. We were approved for the Hazard Mitigation Grant funding that we applied for three years ago! This grant will fully fund, with $500,000, a Lakelands culvert project, which will remove the ponding and major flooding in that area. The grant also includes fully funding an $80,000 generator project for the Village’s designated storm shelter – the Elks.
- L. Coalition Teen Center – open every Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the G.L. Elks Lodge. 4 to 6 p.m. art open to all ages under 18 & 6-8 p.m. teen group (12-16 ages).
- Open Gym Basketball – for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym every Mon., 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- L. PBA Easter Egg Hunt – Sun., Apr. 9 at 11 a.m. at the American Legion, 40 Mountain Lakes Ln.
- Greenwood Lake Elks Good Friday Fish Dinner – Fri., Apr. 14 from 5-8 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 35 Chestnut St.
- L. Village Board Public Hearing – Mon., Apr. 17 at 7 p.m. in the Village Hall, 18 Church St.
- L. Village Board HUD Public Hearing – Mon., Apr. 17 at 7:30 p.m. in the Village Hall, followed by a special Board meeting to adopt the budget & the HUD submission.
- Grace Lutheran Church Paper Shredding Event:, Apr. 22 from 9 a.m. – 12 noon.
- Concert to End Homelessness – Sat., Apr. 29 from 12 noon to 8 p.m., GWL Elks Lodge, 35 Chestnut St.
- The column above, written by Village of Greenwood Lake Mayor Jesse Dwyer, has been published in the Apr. 5 issue of the Warwick Valley Dispatch.