Two contractor workers died on Mon., Aug. 19 after being electrocuted around 10 a.m. while they tightened a guy-wire at the base of a transmission pole, located off of Continental Rd. in Warwick NY.
The private contractors from E-J Electric were doing routine maintenance work for Orange and Rockland Utilities. O&R spokesman Mike Donovan said investigators are examining why the guy-wire became energized and how 69,000 volts came down the wire.
The Greenwood Lake Fire Department assisted by the Warwick Fire Department as well as the Warwick Police Department were on scene immediately after they received a call about a possible brush fire.
“It’s a very hard day for all of us,” said Donovan.
The investigation is ongoing. Police have not released the names of the victims.