After months of being closed, Village Hall has reopened this week. We closed our doors to the public in March and maintained our normal activities with a 50 percent split staff. These have been strange months, sometimes eerie, especially being a public service and not having a daily physical connection with the public. The downstairs Clerk’s Office, Mayor’s Office, Water Billing are open to the public. The Court opened to the public on Tues., July 14. The Building, Planning, and Public Works Departments are by appointment only and will remain closed to the public until further notice.
Of course, reopening has its parameters and guidelines:
- Masks are mandatory to enter the building.
- All visitors must sign in.
- Please place all payments in the exterior lockbox located on the front of Village Hall or pay via mail or online at www.villageofwarwick.org.
- Only one person is allowed in the vestibule or in the Clerk’s Office at a time.
- Most meetings, Planning Board, ZBA will take place at Town Hall. Please check our website for information. Village Board meetings will continue via Zoom and Facebook.
- Notary service is by appointment only.
- We have changed the configuration of the counter at Village Hall and placed large plexiglass barriers.
- Hand sanitizers are available at stations within the building.
- Surfaces are cleaned on a continual basis throughout the day.
- Internally, we take temperatures daily, wear masks, socially distance ourselves in the workplace.
If you have any questions or need to make an appointment, please call 986-2031.
After these long months it is great to be able to reopen to the public even with these restrictions. We will look back at this time and recognize how important it was to do our part. We remain Warwick Strong!
The next Village Board meeting will take place on Mon., July 20 at 7:30 p.m. and will be held through Zoom videoconference and may be viewed live by the public on the Village’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VillageofWarwick.