Updated visitation guidelines are going into effect at all Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) hospitals that enable patient visitation for up to two support persons, designated by the patient or healthcare proxy. WMCHealth worked closely with the New York State Department of Health on the visitation update, which is in alignment with all state guidelines and helps ensure the safety of patients, their caregivers, workforce members, and the community.
Visit each hospital’s website for additional visitation information and the most current updates. The guidelines are as follows:
- All designated support persons must be 18 years of age or older. Visitation by those 70 years of age and older is cautioned.
- Patient visitation can occur between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. only.
- One support person per non-COVID-19 patient per day for up to four consecutive hours.
- Visitation for patients on COVID-19 isolation must be scheduled and will be limited for up to two consecutive hours daily.
- Visitation for immunocompromised patients requires clinician approval and is limited up to four consecutive hours per day, if granted.
- One support person will be able to accompany patients during emergency room care, and during intake and discharge for ambulatory surgeries and procedures.
For more information about WMCHealth, visit WMCHealth.org.